Duhok IFF is thrilled to announce it will be hosting a Berlinale Spotlight: Berlinale Shorts programme as part of its 5th edition. The programme presents a diverse selection of short films from the section Berlinale Shorts. The Berlinale Spotlight is being held in cooperation with the Goethe-Institut Irak.
The Berlinale Spotlight: Berlinale Shorts is curated by Maike Mia Höhne, the curator of the Berlinale Shorts, who will present two programmes under the themes “Utopia unplugged” and “From the Rising of the Sun.” The programmes’ selections explore the vast possibilities that the short form can assume and the implications for the future of auteur cinema.
The stirring selection includes Diogo Costa Amarante’s short film Cidade Pequena,winner of the Golden Bear for Best Short Film 2017.
The Festival is extremely excited to host the Berlinale Spotlight: Berlinale Shorts and to bring for the first time such a rich programme to the Kurdistan region.
Berlinale Spotlight Programmes:
Programme I: UTOPIA UNPLUGGED
- Centauro Nicolás Suárez, Argentina 2016, 14’, Special Mention 2017
- Call of Cuteness Brenda Lien, Germany 2017, 4’
- The Boy from H2 Helen Yanovsky, Israel/Palestine 2017, 21’
- Altas Cidades de Ossadas João Salaviza, Portugal 2017, 19’
- Estás vendo coisas Bárbara Wagner & Benjamin de Burca, Brazil 2017, 18’
- Everything David OReilly, USA/Ireland 2017, 11’
Programme II: FROM THE RISING OF THE SUN
- Cidade Pequena Diogo Costa Amarante, Portugal 2016, 19‘, Golden Bear for Best Short Film 2017
- Oh Brother Octopus Florian Kunert, Germany 2017, 27’
- Martin Pleure Jonathan Vinel, France 2017, 16‘
- Avant l'envol Laurence Bonvin, Switzerland 2016, 20’
- Fuera de Temporada Sabrina Campos, Argentina 2017, 23‘