Duhok IFF has announced the feature films competing in the Kurdish Cinema Section. Nine films are competing for eight different awards; amongst them World, International and Middle East premiers and six directorial debuts.
The Kurdish Cinema Jury will be presided by renowned ‘Variety’ film critic Jay Weissberg and will consist of Italian filmmaker and artist Mario Rizzi, Swedish director Anna Persson, Norwegian scriptwriter Kjell Ola Dahl and German publicist Anna Ramsklogler-Witt.
Kurdish Cinema Feature Film Competition:
- The Escape by Mehmet Emin Timur - Turkey, 2016
- My Own Life by Adnan Akdag - Turkey, 2016
- Drum by Keywan Karimi - France / Iran, 2016
- The Swallow by Mano Khalil - Switzerland 2016
- House without Roof by Soleen Yusef - Germany / KRG, 2016
- Rauf by Baris Kaya and Soner Caner - Turkey 2016
- Black Horse Memories by Shahram Alidi - Iran / Turkey 2016
- Dust Cloth by Ahu Ozturk - Turkey, 2015
- Hidden by Ali Kemal Çinar - Turkey, 2015